Building MommyMuscle While Pregnant

Monday, June 7, 2010
Posted by Rachel

www.tips-fb.com

I started coming to StrollerFit classes when I was 25 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child.  I went to class 3-4 times a week right up to the day I had my daughter.  In fact, that very day I ran 5 sets of stairs and then that night my daughter appeared!

I know first hand how hard it is to not gain weight while you are pregnant.   With my first pregnancy, I felt huge, I was working, I was tired and achy, and I ate more and moved less.  This of course left me a good 25 pounds over weight after my son was born and then I never quite got all that weight off before I got pregnant again.  I am so glad I found Tonya and her classes the 2nd time around.   2 weeks after my 2nd child was born, I weighed less and was so much stronger than I was before I got pregnant with her.  It made my recovering time after giving birth so much easier and shorter than the first time around.  Now, I'm not advocating dieting and trying to lose weight while you are pregnant.   It just was the natural outcome of actually getting off the couch and moving 3-4 times a week and eating better.  Going to StrollerFit while I was pregnant actually made me feel better physically than I did during my first pregnancy, where I was much more sedentary.  I had so much more energy and my body hurt less, which was a really good thing because I had a 2 year old to chase after!

Here are a couple more moms who are so inspiring to me.

Catherine came to Tonya's MommyMuscle Sculpt and Restore the Core classes.  She ended up moving away while she was pregnant and Tonya continued to train her via webcam!  Here is a picture her husband took of her and their 18 month old son.   Catherine is 39 weeks pregnant and doing a full side plank!!!


Sabrina is almost 35 weeks pregnant and still coming to StrollerFit classes at least 4 times a week with her 22 month old son and she has also been doing Restore the Core classes once a week!

0 comments: