Meals on Wheels for New Moms!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

This is a great program that we are starting to reach out to other moms! Here is Rachel’s letter! Let’s help each other out!

Calling all Mommy-Muscle Moms!!!!

Remember back to what it was like when you had a newborn in the house. It is hard to do anything, but take care of your new little addition to the family. Hard to get laundry done, hard to keep up around the house, hard to get older kids dressed and ready, hard to get meals on the table.

Not everyone has family in town who are able to help. I am one of those people and I was so grateful for the people around me who reached out and brought my family dinner after Willow was born. We have an awesome opportunity to reach out and help new moms in our Mommy-Muscle Family by offering to bring someone a meal. This doesn't need to be something that makes you spend hours in the kitchen preparing. I find it's easiest for me to just double whatever I'm making my family for dinner and put half of it in a disposable pan to give away.

If you don't want to cook, stop by the store and get a rotisserie chicken and a bag of salad. Get a frozen lasagna. Stop by Papa Murphy's and pick up a pizza. Bringing anything will be a huge blessing to these families who are adjusting to new little babies being a part of their family.

Ashley Hermon has 15 month old twins and an almost 2 week old baby girl.

Sabrina Esterline has a 23 month old boy and a 1 day old baby boy.Both of these families are going to need meals starting this week!

I would like to be able to provide these awesome ladies with meals for at least a week, 2 weeks would be awesome!

Please considering helping these new moms and their families out by making them ONE meal and taking it to their house. If for some reason you can't deliver it, let me know and I'll arrange to get it to them.Email me at yarnhead2@yahoo.com, or call me at 360-589-0152 to get set up on the meal schedule.Thanks so much for showing how much you care about these families!

Rachel

0 comments: