The start of my vacation...

Thursday, June 17, 2010

I hope everyone is having a fun and fit summer so far! I am off to a much needed vacation to Table Rock Lake (one of my favorite ski lakes). I think it is true when they say you finally let go and relax things will just happen. For example, we are still in the process of driving to the lake which is 6 hours away. In this time I have received a call from one of our news channels wanting me to come on the air this Monday (darn it, I won't be in town) & our newspaper (The Wichita Eagle) called an hour later wanting me to help them with an article they are writing.

WOW! And all I have done is sit in the car! I am going on vacation more often!

I tell my clients all the time about how bad stress is for their body but then I find myself getting stressed as well. It is evident that we are all going to get stressed out but it is how we handle that stress (that may or maynot effect the body). I am finding that relaxing everynow and then is what is going to work with me. That is very important- find what works for you and do it! Find that balance for yourself (and your family)! Even if you can't get away for a vacation- plan a bubble bath for youself. Have a plan, ask your hubby if he can take the kids, dogs, etc on a walk for 30 min. so you can relax. And do what you planned! Let your mind, body, and soul relax!

Have a great night!

Tonya

0 comments: